- Explore studentís college goals.
- Review high school academic record and standardized test scores.
- Discuss extracurricular interests and activities.
- Provide overview of college admission process and make preliminary recommendations.
- Answer questions about college planning and applications.
Comprehensive College Counseling Program (Full Service Package)
Professional guidance and support throughout the college admissions process, including:
Planning & Preparation
- Evaluate academic profile and suggest courses that support the studentís college goals.
- Help student choose extracurricular activities and summer programs that develop interests and talents, and increase the likelihood of admission to preferred colleges.
- Recommend appropriate SAT/ACT tests, dates, strategies and test preparation.
College Search & Selection
- Clarify educational goals, learning style, career interests, and personal preferences.
- Assist families with special needs such as learning disabilities or portfolio review.
- Develop preliminary list of colleges tailored to the studentís needs and the familyís financial situation. List is updated as the student evaluates each school.
- Guide families in planning productive college visits.
- Develop college application plan and oversee student progress.
- Assist student in brainstorming essay ideas and provide feedback on multiple drafts.
- Prepare student for successful interviews.
- Advise family on scholarships and financial aid process.
- Review completed applications.
- Review college admission offers and financial aid packages and help with final college choice.
- Prepare for the transition to college.
For families that continue with the comprehensive program in the same academic year as the initial consultation, the consultation fee will be applied to the comprehensive program fee.
All services are also available on an hourly basis, in pre-paid four hour blocks.
Gap Year planning, transfer admission, graduate school admission, and career counseling.
All services available via phone, Skype and email. International inquiries welcome.
All services are provided in accordance with the ethical standards and practices set by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
For more information, or to schedule an initial consultation, please call 818-704-7545.